The Latest Staycation Ideas
The International Gem and Jewelry Show is back in Chicago for 2014. It’s the largest gem and jewelry show in the Chicago area. The event is being held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont and the dates are from August 8th through the 10th. Currently there are 128 exhibitors signed up for the show so you will certainly have plenty to choose from. You can check the InterGem site for a full list of all of the exhibitors if you wish. Ticket prices remain the same, which is $8 per person. Of course there are a few ways for you to save a little more money off your admission.
You can also purchase your tickets directly online and save $2 off the gate admission price. The purchase process goes through TicketMob and the discount is automatic. No coupon is needed here. You can also register with the International Gem and Jewelry Show using your email address and they will send you a $2 off coupon that you can print and bring with you to the show. Present it at the ticket window to get your $2 off discount.
If you are in the military then be sure to mention this when you arrive and you can get free admission to the International Gem and Jewelry Show. This free admission is good for all active duty military service men and women as well as retired military. All you have to do is show them your military ID to get the free admission ticket.
Now if you are attending the International Gem and Jewelry Show at another venue or date then be sure to first check out the International Gem and Jewelry Show coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your admission to the show.
Note: there is a fee of $13 for parking across from the convention center.
The Bristol Renaissance Faire for 2014 is now underway. In case you are not familiar with it, the Bristol Renaissance Faire is held every weekend from summer to fall. The dates this year are from July 5th through September 1st. There are a lot of discount opportunities and coupons available too so if you are planning to visit then be sure to check out the tips and suggestions which are outlined below. They should help you to save a little extra money off of the cost of your admission to the 2014 Bristol Renaissance Faire.
- Visit on opening weekend and all kids 12 and under get free admission. This is the only weekend of the season where kids get free admission to the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
- The weekend of August 2nd and 3rd features great deals on shopping. Plus, if you spend $200 on this weekend you will get two complimentary tickets for admission.
- August 16th and 17th features Boy Scout and Girl Scout weekend. Wear your uniform (adults too) and get a discount on admission to the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
- You can also stop by any Walgreens in the area to pick up coupons for the Bristol Renaissance Faire. Pretty much all of the Walgreens in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin offer these coupons.
- Purchase your Bristol Renaissance Faire tickets online and you can automatically save $2 off the cost of your admission. No coupon or promo code is needed for this discount.
- For 2014 the season pass for the Bristol Renaissance Faire is just $125. You also get a ton of other discounts so if you get the membership it ends up paying for itself in just 2 weekends.
Be sure to check out the Bristol Renaissance Faire coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible for your admission there. You will find a general listing of the latest known coupons, discounts, promotions, and deals.
The Disney on Ice show “Let’s Celebrate” is coming to the United Center. See all your favorite Disney characters on ice as they present celebrations from all over. Acts include a Very Merry Unbirthday Party with Alice and the Mad Hatter, a Hawaiian luau with Lilo & Stitch, a Royal Valentine’s Day Ball with Disney princesses Cinderella, Ariel and Tiana, and more. It’s a fantastic and fun winter wonderland for the whole family to enjoy. Tickets are already on sale for the show from now until February 9th. Of course there are ways that you can save on your tickets if you do so ahead of time. Make sure you take advantage of these savings opportunities.
Now if you miss out on the coupon deal then don’t worry. There are still other ways that you can actually save a little extra money off the total cost of your purchase. Here’s an example of how you can save. If you are purchasing your tickets online then look for the offer code button at the top of the ticket selection page. Click that and enter MICKEY. This should unlock a $5 discount on your ticket. There is also al family offer for the show that includes 1 ticket, 1 hot dog, and 1 soda. Finally, you can also check the ticket marketplaces like Vivid Seats where you can sometimes find some pretty good savings on tickets for the show.
Now if you want to see another Disney on Ice show or want to see the show at another venue then be sure to check out the Disney on Ice coupons first to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your ticket purchases. There are a lot of different shows performed nationwide.
The International Motorcycle Show is coming back to Chicago at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. This year features a lot of celebrity guests including Scott Russell, Jason Pridmore & Greg White, and The Hogslayer. In addition to the celebrity appearances you’ll also find competitions, stage shows, seminars, and even live supermoto racing. The event kicks off February 7th and continues through the 9th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets you might want to take just a moment to read over the tips and suggestions which are outlined. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to the 2014 Chicago International Motorcycle Show.
Tips & Coupons
- Stop by your local motorcycle dealer in the Chicago. Most of them will have a coupon for the Chicago International Motorcycle Show. At last check the coupon is good for $2 off admission and 25% off merchandise purchases at the show.
- You can also buy your tickets online and if you do then be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box right above the ticket prices on the checkout page. Enter the coupon in the box and then click apply. You should then see the discount appear right below.
- If you are in the military then try entering the promo code MILITARY to get $4 off your admission to the show.
- For all other ticket purchases just enter IMS14S into the promo code box to receive $2 off the total cost of your admission.
- If you are a Harley Davidson owner then enter RPHG1420 into the promo code box to get a 25% discount on a 1 day admission to the 2014 Chicago International Motorcycle Show.
Now there are several shows throughout the country so if you want to see another show then be sure to check out the International Motorcycle Show coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your admission.
The Phantom of the Opera is back on tour and one of its tour stops is the Cadillac Palace Theatre on W Randolph St. The Chicago tour performances go from January 9th through March 2nd. Tickets are currently on sale and are already selling out but at last check there are still some dates available. Before you buy your tickets to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Cadillac Palace Theatre though, you might want to take just a moment to read over all of the tips and suggestions on how you can get the best deal possible on your tickets.
Tips & Coupons
- Now you can buy your tickets online through Broadway in Chicago and if you do then be sure to take advantage of the discount parking offers from them. You can get a discount parking voucher for the Lake/Wells Self Park.
- If you are a big theater goer then get the season subscription to the Broadway in Chicago where you can save as much a 61% off tickets to the best shows for the season.
- You may also want to follow the Cadillac Palace Theatre on Facebook because they do sometimes offer promotions and discounts for certain performances at the theater. You can even purchase tickets right from their Facebook page.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon because they will sometimes run ticket promotions where you can save as much as 50% off the cost of your tickets to certain performances.
Now if you are wanting to catch the performance of the Phantom of the Opera at another venue or at another time then be sure to check out the Phantom of the Opera coupons first before you purchase your tickets to make sure that you get the most savings possible.
Try something new and exciting for your next Chicago staycation. Take French fusion cooking classes with Cook Au Vin. (located off the Kennedy Expressway on N Elston Ave) They actually offer a lot of options for all types of groups including couples date nights, family outings, birthdays, bachelorette parties, and more. Just choose from one of the full experiences and then make your reservations online. Now before you complete any reservation, take just a moment to read over all of the tips and suggestions here which should help you to save just a little extra money off the total cost of your French fusion cooking classes with Cook Au Vin.
Tips & Coupons
- If you book multiple cooking classes at once you can save as much as 56% versus the cost of paying for each cooking class individually.
- Classes for couples are also available which offer a great value when purchased together.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon or Livingsocial where you can save as much as 50% off select cooking classes at Cook Au Vin.
- Be sure to follow Cook Au Vin on Facebook as they will keep you informed of the latest news, updates, and promotions.
Note, most discounts for Cook Au Vin are automatic. You may have to email them your voucher codes or promotion codes in order to get the discount for some of the promotions to work though. There is an instruction form on the checkout page which explains this in further detail. Finally, Cook Au Vin also sells gift certificates. It is a lot of fun to participate in one of their cooking classes with someone that you know. Make your reservation and then give a gift certificate to your spouse, friend, or other family member and enjoy the French fusion cooking experience together.
Nothing says the holidays like the Nutcracker. Take a staycation and see a performance of The Nutcracker performed by the Joffrey Ballet at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University. Performances run all the way through Saturday, December 28th with options for both daytime and evening performances. Tickets start at just $31 and are on sale right now but before you purchase your tickets you will want to make sure that you are getting the absolute most savings possible on your tickets. Just check out the tips and suggestions that are outlined below.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are ordering your tickets online be sure to first check for discount codes. There is a link that asks for an offer code at the top of the checkout page. Enter your discount code here to receive your discount. Try the code FRIDAY to get 25% off tickets to select Friday performances.
- If you are coming in from out of town you can stay at the JW Marriott Chicago and get a package that includes discount tickets to the Nutcracker, cookies, hot chocolate, and a swag bag.
- If you are a Mastercard holder and pay using your Mastercard then enter the discount code MCDEC to receive an additional 10% off your tickets for The Nutcracker. This is part of their Priceless Chicago promotional campaign.
- Be sure to sign up for The Joffrey Ballet email newsletter or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for the latest news, updates, and ticket promotions.
- Of course if you subscribe to The Joffrey Ballet you can actually save up to 50% off select performances throughout the rest of the year. You also get discounted parking, complimentary tickets to the one-night-only gala performance in the spring, and more.
- There are Student RUSH tickets available sometimes so it is always worth checking out. At last check these tickets start at $15 each. Of course they are limited availability and are first come first serve.
If you want to see the largest spectacle of lights and sounds this holiday season then head on over to Chicagoland at the Brookfield Zoo. For 2013 the event is bigger than ever with over 1 million twinkling lights lighting up the Brookfield Zoo. In addition to the twinkling holiday lights there is also caroling to the animals, ice carving, laser light shows, live entertainment, and more. Most of the animal exhibits will be open as well. The Holiday Magic event will be held from 4pm to 9pm on Saturdays and Sundays beginning on Saturday, November 30th all the way through the 22nd and then from the 26th through the 31st. Now you can go ahead and purchase your tickets to the Holiday Magic ahead of time, but before you do you might want to take a moment to read over the other available discounts and coupons that you could use and apply towards your purchase of your Holiday Magic tickets at the Brookfield Zoo.
Tips & Coupons
- Get the Go Chicago Card which can save you up to 55% of your admission to the top attractions in the Chicago area, including your admission to the Holiday Magic event at the Brookfield Zoo.
- If you are in the military or are retired military then just show your valid military ID at the gate for free admission to the Holiday Magic event at the Brookfield Zoo.
- If you are a senior then you can save $4.50 off the cost of your admission to the Holiday Magic event. You may be asked to verify your age upon arrival.
Note: There is an additional $10 charge for parking at the Brookfield Zoo. You can avoid this cost if you take the commuter train (Hollywood on the Metra BNSF Line). Also, if you want to visit the zoo during any other part of the year, be sure to check out the Brookfield Zoo coupons first to make sure that you take advantage of all of the latest discounts and coupons that are available for you to use on your visit.
The circus is coming to town at the end of this month at the Chicago United Center. Catch the always awe inspiring Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus performance, Built to Amaze, starting November 20th and running all the way through December 1st. This marks 143rd edition of this circus show and it most certainly is built to amaze. Tickets are on sale right now but before you purchase your tickets you will want to take just a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your circus admission. On top of all of that you should notice a listing of the latest known coupons for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey show at the Chicago United Center listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- Get your circus tickets through local ticket discounter Goldstar and right now you can save up to 50% OFF the total cost of each ticket for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s Built to Amaze event.
- You can also buy your tickets online but before you do, be sure to check for offer codes. Just select the promotion ticket option on the ticket purchase page. Then just enter the coupon into the offer code box and click apply. Your discount should then appear in the ticket order total.
- Enter the promo code MOM for 20% off weekend ticket purchases (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) for moms.
- Check out the family value package, which includes a ticket, hot dog, and a soda at a discounted price.
- If it’s your baby’s first circus, the register on the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey site to get a free ticket for your baby’s first circus with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Livingsocial for Chicago. In other cities that have run promotions where you can save up to 50% off your Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus tickets.
For more savings on circus events at other locations be sure to check out the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey coupons first before you purchase your tickets so that you can save a little extra money.
Do something different and take a progressive dining tour with Chicago Dine Around, Chicago’s premier dining tour company. You will be chauffeured around Chicago in a very stylish coach bus. Along the way you will enjoy Hors D’oeuvres served at the first restaurant, a main course at a second restaurant, and then finally a dessert at a third restaurant. This is truly a unique way to dine Chicago that is both fun and exciting. And on top of that you will get a chance to interact with other food enthusiasts. Each progressive dining tour with Chicago Dine Around includes transportation and a city tour. Also, the price includes all taxes and restaurant gratuities.
Tips & Coupons
- You can also make your reservations online. If you do then be sure to look for reference numbers. When you check out you should notice a reference code box at the bottom right of the checkout page. Enter the coupon in there and then click update. You should see the discount appear to the right.
- If you are a member of AAA you can make your reservations using the promo code AAA and you will save $10 off the cost of your Chicago Dine Around ticket.
- Be sure to follow the Chicago Dine Around on Facebook. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
Tours are available on Saturdays from 6pm to 9pm. Pick up and drop off is at the John Hancock Center. Now if you want to add the John Hancock Observatory to your night’s entertainment then you will most certainly want to first check out the John Hancock Observatory coupons for additional ways to save just a little extra money off the total cost of your admission there.