Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago is located on South Michigan Avenue in Grant Park. It houses some rarely seen works of art including the world’s most notable collections of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. How vast is the collection? Well the Art Institute of Chicago is the second largest art museum in the United States, second only to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You can take many visits always expect to see something new, which makes it perfect for a staycation stop. Before you visit though, be sure to check out the tips listed below. They should help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find the latest coupons for the Art Institute of Chicago listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are an Illinois resident you can get free admission to the Art Institute of Chicago when you visit on either the first or second Wednesday of each month. You just need to show your ID to get the free admission pass.
- If you are a Chicago resident just show your ID and you can get an additional $2 off your general admission ticket.
- If you are a student, show your student ID and get $6 off your admission to the Art Institute of Chicago. You can also get an additional discount on an annual membership.
- You can also save $6 on your admission if you are a senior.
- Become a member and get free admission for a year. Join online with the eMembership and get a discounted rate. Membership pays for itself in just over 3 visits.
- Stop by the Chicago Public Library and ask about the Kids Museum Passport. Just show your library card and get a pass good for free admission for up to 4 people.
- Get the Chicago CityPass. You end up saving 50% on your admission to 5 must see attractions in Chicago including the Art Institute of Chicago.
- You can also get the Go Chicago Card, which saves you 55% on admission to 26 of the top attractions in the Chicago area.
- For more staycation savings you can also check out the Coupon Guide. They offer a lot of coupons and savings tips for attractions in the Chicago area and beyond.